Monday, November 12, 2012

November 12

Now that 31 Days of Halloween is over, I have a nice pile of Halloween cards. My family and friends have seen them through the month so who can I send them to?

There are so many organizations in the United States who accept handmade cards, and I have found one in Canada. I will be packaging 22 Halloween cards (I had to eliminate a few for content not suitable for kids in hospital) to send out today.

Send A Smile 4 Kids (Canada) collects and distributes handmade greeting cards to nurses, staff and families to give to hospitalized children on their birthdays and other special dates. Our focus will be on providing happy, upbeat birthday cards and "glad you're going home" cards but we will also make and provide cards for holidays throughout the year.

Their blog is:
sendasmile4kidscanada.blogspot.ca

Now it's time to make Christmas cards which might reach family and friends in time this year!

Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment